Wednesday 31 July 2013

What's new?

I would love to delight you all with entertaining stories of my recent goings on, be able to boast about my super cool and hip life right now, but actually it would be a lie!

I've had the last 3 days off work and rather than doing super cool things I've spent the majority of the time in my pj's watching crap TV and Harry Potter films...That's the life hey! Yesterday I really pushed the boat out by walking to Tesco! Although my time could of possibly be better spent, I've enjoyed lounging around and not feeling guilty about it!

Then last week I had to go to Shoreditch for an afternoon of coffee training, this area is definitely too cool for me! I wondered around in a circle for a while, getting more lost and confused, all the while walking past students who look like they just stepped out of some glossy magazine wearing the latest fashion and drinking cappuccinos on tables outside. Meanwhile I was still lost, getting sweaty because the weather was so hot and dreading the coffee training in case they made us drink it and I HATE coffee...I eventually managed to find the place, managed to be 15 minutes early (Purely because I arrived in Shoreditch 45 minutes early) and you guessed it, we had to try the coffee...YUK!

On Friday I've been asked if I can help out in the kitchens in my new job and do some baking :) EEP...It's my first shift, and the first time I've baked in a commercial environment like that and I'm really nervous, but also really excited, it's going to be my first time baking in a commercial kitchen away from uni! Luckily I don't have to start till 8:00...I was dreading hearing my start time, I thought it might be 3:00 or some silly time like that...I really should of thought about these ridiculously early mornings when I decided I wanted to be a baker...Never mind. Maybe I'll be the next Mary Berry and I'll call all the shots...Then again, maybe not!

No comments:

Post a Comment