Sunday 14 July 2013

Insanity Workout Review- Week Five

This fifth week of Insanity has been the "rest and recovery" week, and I've definitely needed it!

I found myself struggling and loosing momentum at the end of the last week so a week with some easier sessions was definitely needed. I've actually found this week the hardest week to commit to, and it's been a real struggle to make myself do the workouts every day. I didn't do the workout on Thursday or Saturday and so instead of having a rest day today I need to do Thursdays workout tonight. And either donor again straight after for Saturday or tag it onto a workout during the week- I think ill get it out of the way and do two tonight!

I don't know if it's the heat that made it harder, the fact I know it's about to get so much harder, that I'm only just over half way through or the fact I haven't seen results that has made this week tough- To be honest it's probably a mixture of all them.

Workout wise there was only one workout that was repeated for the whole week, it got a little boring near the end as I had got used to the variety during the first four weeks, but it was much more slow moving- More strength and balance work which was a welcome relief after the previous weeks.

My eating habits at the beginning of the week were really good, and I found it much easier to not snack on rubbish- Instead opting for fruit. Meals consisted of lots of vegetables, and grains such as quinoa. But on Thursday it all went a bit pear shaped again...I skipping dinner in favour of eating cake, had chinese on Friday evening and then had fish and chips and an ice cream on Sunday...Naughty!! (You can blame my dad for the last three!) But I'm feeling ready to get back on it now.

Although I'm pretty scared about how hard the sessions are going to be over the next four weeks I'm also feeling pretty determined to give them my full determination and commitment, even if that means giving up the cake! I WILL reduce the size of my cake belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment