Monday 24 June 2013

Healthy Baking- Protein Cookies

So today I embarked on my first healthy bake. I'm not really too sure I can call them cookies, they're more of a flapjack wanna be!

They don't look pretty, but they taste good, make a nice post workout or afternoon snack, and can be thrown together in no time...No excuses to reach for the chocolate now! 



Makes 6 flapjack wanna be's 

Ingredients- 
100g Porridge oats
45g Smooth Peanut butter (Or your favourite nut butter) 
1 Banana
1 Scoop Protein Powder (I used Skinni Minni- Choco loco)
1 Egg
Milk- Splash, enough to make the mixture stir-able) 

Method- 
1) Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2) Mash up the banana until there are no big lumps.
3) Add the banana and the rest of the ingredients to a bowl and mix together.
4) Spoon the mixture onto the baking tray and bake in the oven for approximately 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
5) Munch! 


1 comment: