Saturday 29 June 2013

Insanity workout review- Week three

Today's workout marked the end of my third week of insanity.

I've found this week pretty tough, and there have been a couple of days where I've really had to push myself to do the workouts. But I've managed to do all of them and I'm pleased that I've stuck to the plan so far!

I've also found that my muscles have been quite achey this week, much more than the previous two weeks. My legs especially have felt the strain. I'm definitely looking forward to tomorrow being my rest day!!

I've been using my heart rate monitor for all the workouts this week and I've been a bit disheartened as I've only been burning between 350 and 450 calories, even though I felt I've been working much harder than the previous two weeks. I've compared the calories I was burning last week and a couple of days, including today I burnt slightly less.

Results wise, I am starting to feel stronger and fitter, but I'm not sure I can see that much of a physical change. I think this is mainly because of the rubbish job I've been doing at healthy eating- I've definitely been making some bad choices, including the Indian I just devoured with Sam! (It's hard to care when it tastes so good!) I have taken a couple of pictures at the beginning of each new week so I can look back at them, and see if I can see some progress. 

The next week I'm going to make more of a conscious effort to eat better, I've stocked up on fruit and veg and the fridge is looking full and healthy...I just need to find that motivation again!

If you're thinking of starting insanity I would suggest you buy a good pair of trainers that will support you through the workouts and a heart rate monitor will be useful but not essential. Apart from that you'll just need a good deal of personal motivation, and someone to help you along when you're not feeling up to it is a definite advantage!

No comments:

Post a Comment