Monday 24 June 2013

Insanity workout review- Week two

MUST. KEEP. GOING.

I had to talk myself into this quite a lot during my second week of insanity. Half way through the week I came down with a cold and felt completely rubbish. I missed Thursday's workout and instead practised lying in bed feeling sorry for myself, and moaning to my better half. 
On Friday I decided I should probably stop with the moaning, and because I started to feel a little bit better I gave the workout a go and just didn't push myself as much as I would of normally. Because of missing Thursday's workout my schedule was out of sync so I decided to do Thursday's workout on Friday, Friday's on Saturday, and Saturday's on Sunday instead of the normal Sunday rest day. 

Week two had the added addition of cardio abs, and I have to say I wish they didn't bother adding it in...It was agony! I think it's fair to say my stomach muscles are non existent...Either that or they're hiding under layers and layers of cupcakes! Oops :/ 

In the first week I was doing the workouts in the evening- Any time between 6 and 9. But because of a change in my hours at work for a few days I decided to try and do it in the morning before work. Getting up was definitely tough, as it meant setting my alarm for 6:30 so that I would have time to do it. I don't think I could do it before work every day, but it is nice knowing that when you finish work you don't have anything else to do and you can fully relax.

Overall week two was probably more difficult motivation wise than the first week due to feeling ill...It's definitely worth having someone around who can motivate you and get you moving...Thanks Sam! 

Today marked the start of week 3, and todays workout was the "fit test" this was completed on the first day of the programme too, and I was able to see how my fitness has improved already- I've posted my results below in case you're interested :) 

Switch Kicks- Week 1-50     Week 2-57
Power Jacks- Week 1-46     Week 2-56
Power Knees- Week 1-82     Week 2-116
Power Jumps- Week 1-22     Week 2-29
Globe Jumps- Week 1-9     Week 2-13
Suicide Jumps- Week 1-7     Week 2-10
Push-up Jacks- Week 1-12     Week 2-17
Low Plank Oblique- Week 1-46     Week 2-50

I'm really pleased that my scores have improved because I've been feeling pretty fat and yuk the last couple of days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment