Wednesday 13 March 2013

Health kick and the battle against a courgette

When I first moved to London I was training for a half marathon, I was running about 3 times a week (on a good week) and feeling pretty healthy, but I injured my knee about a month before I was supposed to run so I had to pull out...since then I've fully embraced the take away...Chinese, Thai, Pizza, Mc Donald's, KFC...you name it ive been eating it...after much happy munching I realised I should probably cut the crap and loose the pounds so I've embarked on a health kick!
Ive been counting the calories and even hired a personal trainer. Yesterday was my first session with her. "Ah this will be easy" I thought "I'm not in that bad shape" well I was wrong. Today I woke up and muscles hurt that I didn't even know existed!...after hobbling around the bedroom for most of the morning I decided to do something productive that required minimal moving, and so I decided to try out a recipe I found for courgette muffins...
So off I hobbled to the kitchen to embark on my healthy bake...I grated courgette, I measured the skimmed milk, mixed everything together and the little things came out looking pretty good.
But I was wrong, the only good thing about these little beauty's is the way they look...as soon as I took a bite and exposed its slightly gooey tinted green insides I realised that healthy baking is definitely not for me and threw them straight in the bin!

Courgettes 1
Me 0

1 comment:

  1. So maybe stick to the calorie counting, and training, that way if you really NEED cake you can have it ( a small crumb or two anyway). Good luck with the health kick, I think I could be a getting a boot up the bottom to do the same thing very soon!

    Oh and cougettes belong in ratatouille(eek can't spell it)or curry!

    ReplyDelete