Saturday 15 June 2013

Insanity workout review- Week one

I've just finished my 6th Insanity workout, which marks the end of week one...Only 8 weeks left!!!

The week started with a fit test, which composes of 8 exercises that you do for a minute each and then you write down how many you manage to do in the minute- The obvious idea being that you're able to do more as you progress through the programme...I was kind of hoping this would be a nice little taster of what was to come, something a bit easy, but I'm come to realise that easy and Insanity are two words that are not found in the same sentence, unless you're saying "Insanity is not easy" I managed to get through the exercises and after doing some googling of other peoples results I realised that I actually didn't do that bad- Maybe I've got a fit person inside me after all!

The rest of the week has gone pretty well, I like the principle of interval training, as it's so nice to have a rest between circuits- Trust me they're needed! I'm not going to lie, I have found them quite tough, but I've managed to get through them, and if I can complete them you certainly can! 

I haven't been following the nutrition plan that come with the workout, but I have followed a couple of the principles- I worked out how many calories I should be eating, according to them, and I've been eating smaller meals, with a couple of snacks. I've also been having a Skinni Minni shake after each workout and I've been taking the Skinni Minni capsules daily. Even though I haven't followed the plan properly I weighed myself this morning and I've lost 3lbs!...YAY...Although most of the reviews I read before starting said that weight loss isn't a major part of the programme and its mostly a change in dress size and shape that you'll notice so before I started I took some horrible photos of myself and hopefully I'll start to see some results soon...

I'll try update you again at the end of the second week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment