Saturday 13 July 2013

Bognor Regis- Family, sun, sea, sand and the bird man

A little trip to Bognor Regis was on the cards this weekend, my Dad was also visiting so it seemed like a well timed trip!

Armed with my mini victoria sponges and biscuits ...(I would be in trouble if I went to see Dad with no cake!) I got to Bognor at about 9:00pm, also know as Chinese o'clock! I don't need to be asked twice about Chinese so off I munched!

Ever since I can remember whenever I went to stay at my Aunty and Uncles I used to sit half way up the stairs, waiting for the cuckoo clock to chime...for old times sake I was going to so the same this time (yes, I am 21...immature you say?!...no not me, you must be thinking of somebody else!) but my plan didn't materialise, the clock was still there, but I never heard the little cuckoo!


I was only staying one night because I had to get back for work, so keen to make the most of the day I woke up at 8, and proceeded to nearly drown myself in tea...my family, my Dad especially are even more obsessed with tea than me! I'm pretty sure that if you took tea away from my Dad it would be like making a drug addict go cold turkey! 


Our morning and early afternoon was spent having a wonder around by the sea front. It was bloody lovely to see the sea again! I've missed that big blue expanse!! In the end we settled upon fish and chips to quieten our tummy rumbles and went and sat on the pebbled beach while we ate. Today was also the start of the International Bognor Birdman! If you haven't heard of this, it's a load of crazy people with homemade wings and para gliders, running off the quay in the hope that they will be able to get the furthest off the end of the pier...I'm pretty sure I'm going to enter next year. I can already see my crazy wing set adorned with cupcakes...so keep at eye out for me next year! Ill be the one dithering around on the edge too scared to jump off the edge and probably bellyflopping in after being pushed! What fun!

 


On our way back we stopped off for an ice cream (it was needed, it was hot!) and went back to my Aunty and Uncles to catch up with some of the family that had popped round...lovely! 


All too soon it was time to hop on the train and head back to the big smoke...I'm not really complaining though, I'm rather fond of the smoggy, thick, unclean air that surrounds me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment