Tuesday 16 July 2013

In memory of Yuu- the best little fish

Something terrible happened this morning!

I was drying my hair and bent down to have a look in the fish tank, only to be greeted by a floating fish. Yuu was dead! (We did get warned they could die early on as they get used to the tank, but we didn't  think it would be this soon!!) I freaked out, started shouting at Sam to wake up and started flapping around unsure what to do. How do you get rid of a dead fish? I wasn't about to make sushi! 
With a bit of quick thinking from Sam, and a look out the window we decided the drain was the only option...and so off he went!

I've written a short poem in memory of Yuu!

You were the best fish with a name of Yuu,
I didn't want to flush you down the loo.
I loved you lots you poor little fish,
And if I could have one wish.
It would be that you were alive,
So we could watch you swim and dive.
So rest in peace little one,
Wherever you are I hope you have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment