Friday 5 July 2013

A sunny day in London

Something extradonary happened to Sam and I this morning..we woke up EARLY and decided to make the most of the day and do some exploring.

Last week we watched Jurassic Park so we thought we would go to the National History museum and check out some of those bad boys for ourselves! They sure are big you know!

On the way to the museum we stopped off at snog for frozen yoghurt...YUM!  And then afterwards it was time to eat again (it was definitely am eating day today!) so we made our way back to the underground, stopping off at the Hummingbird Bakery where I bought an American brunch cupcake. I wasn't really sure what I was getting myself in for with this, but it consisted of a cupcake with actual pieces of bacon in the sponge, and a piece on too of the icing...probably the strangest thing I have ever eaten, and I think the only time I have not finished a cake, and that's really saying something!

When we got to Waterloo we wondered around the station for a while and decided on Yo Sushi as my sister recommended it to me a while ago. It was so much fun! Little dishes rushing past you, water from a little tap on your table, chop sticks, a help button. If I'm honest I could of stayed there all day but it was time for our next stop which was Southbank Food market, where we met a friend.

On lovely sunny days like today, filled with exploring, Sam, cake and food I feel pretty dam lucky to be living here!

No comments:

Post a Comment