Tuesday 21 May 2013

Old age

I've been old for a whole week now so I thought I would update you on how I'm coping.
I'm going to be honest with you, it's not all cruises, gardening and collecting your pension! In fact the thought of being on a boat turns my stomach, our garden is resembling a forest, and my pension pot still sits uncollected with the grand total of £500 in from my time working at the council.
Instead I've found the draw of getting into my pyjamas with a cup of tea and a good book at 9:00 in the evening something that my ageing self just can't resist.
I've also found myself noticing the amount of litter on the streets, fighting the urge to go and pick it up and take it home in my pull along shopping trolly.
When Sam had a mark on his face yesterday rather than pointing it out to him, I whipped out my hanky, gave it a good lick and scrubbed his poor face like it was the toilet.
So next time someone tells you your life will start at 21 don't believe them! For the moment the clock strikes midnight you will be transformed from a cool "kid" to a grumpy woman. Your worries will no longer be if that bottle of vodka will be enough to get you smashed, instead you will be worrying about crows feet and the increasing cost of washing powder and other household essentials! 

No comments:

Post a Comment