Saturday 18 May 2013

21st birthday, part one and two


This week I officially became old! That's right I hit the the big 21. Gone are my youthful days, to be replaced by knitting, slippers and an alarming obsession with cats...it's all down hill from here! 
  
Part one of my birthday, was my actual birthday, spent with my Boyfriend and Parents. My Mum and Dad arrived at our house at about 11:00 singing a fantastic rendition of happy birthday! We hugged, chatted, went for lunch, shopped, and chatted some more...there's nothing better than a cup of tea and a hug for your parents...no matter how old you are! 
In the evening I was taken to Jamies Italian for dinner (my favourite restaurant!) by my parents and Sam...and bloody good it was too! We got given a free bottle of prosecco because it was my birthday. The whole meal was lovely...until they bought a cake out, complete with candles and all the staff singing happy birthday. The only thing I managed to do was to hide my face and turn a rather dark shade of red...but it was soon all forgotten when I tucked into the cake! 
The evening ended with Sam and I getting into bed at 10:30 and watching friends...who said we're not rock and roll?!

Part two of my birthday took place last night. Me and a group of friends went to the Wimbledon dog races.
We paid for a 6pack package which meant we got entry, a programme, a drink, food, a £2 bet, and a £6 voucher to use if you want to come again- pretty good for £12. 
I've never been to dog or horse racing before so I had no idea what to expect. There were more Middle-aged, bald men than i thought there would be, and a few more people than I thought.
I managed to win on the first race I bet on and then thought I was unstoppable...it turns out though that I am stoppable. And that was the only race I won for the whole evening!...Oops! But I still won and that's good enough for me! The evening was spent betting, losing, and chatting with friends...can't get much better than that really!

Only 9 years till I'm 30!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment