Tuesday 15 October 2013

Operation lose tire!

You might have read my posts about doing insanity over the summer. I managed to lose a bit of weight, and tone up a little in the process, but since I stopped I’m been a couch potato…Cake, chocolate and crisps have taken over from apples, nuts and yoghurt so I’m entering the winter with a rather large tyre that I want to get rid of. Sure it’s going to be useful when the weather gets even colder, but I would rather stick on an extra jumper if I need to.

Yesterday was the first day of a healthier me (I’ll believe it when I see it- Until they open a cake rehab I’m not sure I stand much chance!). I’m trying not to use the word diet as I tend to never stick to them. Instead I’m going for a healthy approach (With the occasional treat so I don't go mad!)- Definitely easier said than done! Especially as this week is both chocolate and baking week!...But I’ll make it! I’ve stocked up on some healthy food to get me through this first week, and plan on making lunch to take to uni with me so I won’t be tempted by a cheese loaded Panini at the cafĂ©. I’m also signing up for some exercise classes at the Uni gym because the membership is so cheap- under £50.00 for a 3 month membership! I’m going to start with 2 classes a week, total body conditioning and zumba, and I’m hoping to take my bike out at least once a week to start with as well! The poor little thing has been in the garage since I got it…So much for “I need to buy a bike right now, I’ll use it all the time. It’ll be a really good investment.” What I should of said was “I’ll look at it every time I go into the garage and use the washing machine and feel insanely guilty about not riding it yet!” Oops! …I WILL use it now though!

Just because I’m trying to be a bit healthier doesn’t mean I’ll stop with the recipes. I’ll still upload my favourite full fat versions, but I’m also going to try and do some “Skinny” versions so like me you can have a treat, and not feel like you need to spend a solid week on the treadmill- Let’s face it, we’ve all got better things to do!


So I’ll keep you updated on my progress, and feel free to update me on yours If you’re also on a pre-winter/Christmas health kick! 

No comments:

Post a Comment