Sunday 29 September 2013

The National Bakery School


I started back at Uni this week, and had my first day on Tuesday. It was a bit of a shock to the system after the relaxed summer I've just had and we were thrown straight into recipe calculations and costings for our bread class, as well as being given the schemes of work for the semester.

Our year is split into two semesters, with the first running from September- January and being all practical lessons. 
Tuesday- Bread
Thursday- Confectinary
Friday- Chocolate

The second semester then runs from January-June and is all theory based...We're talking science, healthy and safety, food hygiene, human resources and research methods...It's safe to say I'm more excited about the first semester!

The rest of the week went a little easier, with thankfully no maths involved (I think they're being nice and saving that until the second week) so we had our first confectionery lesson on Tuesday where we got to decorate some biscuits (Check out this little guy...So cute I ALMOST didn't want to eat him!) 


Chocolate on Friday was also a nice introduction to the second year, and we got to make some chocolate lollies...Have I mentioned how much I love my course?

I'm really looking forward to the coming year and we've got some really good products that we're going to be baking! I'll try and post my favourite recipes when I have them, update you with how the course is going, as well as continuing to post some recipes that I've tried at home. 

If I've tempted you at all with all this talk of cake and chocolate and you want to have a look at the course I'm studying then have a look at THIS LINK and it'll give you more information :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment