Wednesday 4 September 2013

One year ago today...

I said my goodbyes and see you later's. 
I packed the very last of my things.
At 3:30 I left my house and walked down the road to the Quay with Sam.
I was greated by my friends waiting for me, and said some pretty teary goodbyes. 
I got onto the Scillonian, and watched Scilly getting further and further away.
I felt a little bit sad, I felt scared, I felt nervous, but I also felt excited. (And a little bit sick- Dam that boat!)

One year on and I'm no longer sad, or scared, or nervous. I'm happy, and still excited about the different opportunities I have here. 

I've even managed to learn a few things this year...

1) I don't like rush hour- People are rude and grumpy.
2) A cappuccino is no longer a cappuccino, it's now a decaf, extra shot, extra hot, dry, skinny, no chocolate on top cappuccino. 
3) I love baking even more now than I did last year.
4) There is no such thing as festival chic- The magazines are lying to you! There is absolutely nothing chic about the unwashed greasy hair, tent crumpled clothes and wellies that go hand in hand with a festival! 
5) You'll meet people at uni who think in the exact same way as you do...So much so that it's possible you were twins separated at birth.
6) 1:00am is no longer the time you get to go home after a night in the disco...You won't go out till 11:00, you'll probably get home after 3:00 and you'll be tired...Really tired.
7) There's being skint, and then there's being student skint...The two are on a completely different scale.
8) Having to decide between buying tea bags or food is never a fun choice.
9) September, January and April are my favourite months because my student loan comes in.
10) A picnic in the park is one of my favourite ways to spend a summer afternoon.
11) I still miss the sea- No amount of dirty river water will ever take it's place.
12) I want to go to Cadana.
13) Eventually I want to have my own bakery, and a recipe book.

No comments:

Post a Comment