Saturday 21 September 2013

I'm back...

Sorry for the lack of posts this month, I've been enjoying what was left of the summer! (It definitely feels like winter now...BOO :( ) So it's probably time for a little update


A couple of weeks ago my parents came up to London with friends to do some tourist stuff and see family in Bognor, so we got to spend some time together which is always nice.
Sam and I met them on a Thursday night and we all went to China Town for (surprisingly) a chinese! I've never been before, and I really enjoyed walking up and down the streets, all lined with Chinese restaurants and supermarkets. We picked out a restaurant, ordered too much food, ate too much food and left half a stone heavier, and happy. 


On the following Saturday I went into London early to meet them both for coffee before Dad went back to Bognor and Mum and I embarked on our girly day in London.
First stop was Topshop in Oxford Street where we had booked a two hour slot of personal shopping. I didn't even know they did personal shopping until a few months ago, but it was so much fun. The rail of clothes they picked out were all lovely, and it was good to try on things I normally wouldn't go for. I would definitely recommend booking in, especially as it's freeeeee! (If only the same could be said for the 3 big bags I came out with...Oops!)
After a busy morning of shopping (It should definitely be an olympic sport!) we took a short stroll to the Leonard Hotel where we were booked in for afternoon tea. As you know I have a slight obsession with afternoon tea and it didn't disappoint! There were plenty of sandwiches, scones, miniature cakes and tea...Perfect after a hard morning of shopping. 
The day was filled with gossip, girly talk, and advise that only your parents can give, definitely a day I wouldn't mind doing again. 


Next up was a night at the dog races with our house mates and friends from uni. We planned it a couple of weeks in advance and it just happened that the night we planned to go was the night that winter decided to really kick in- I'm talking non stop rain, wind and general coldness. Not the best conditions to take a walk to the race track and then stand outside watching the races all night. Que soggy shoes and a leaking umbrella! 


Since then I've been doing plenty of relaxing, and not much of anything else...Lucky huh?


I'm back to uni on Tuesday, so back to baking in the kitchen! I'll try and keep you updated on how my course is going, and I'll post any good recipes we get to try :) 


Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment