Saturday 20 April 2013

Smells like summer

This last week has really began to feel like summer is on the way! After finishing work on Wednesday I went to meet Sam and our house mates in the pub for a drink, it was a bit windy but the sun was out and I was determined to make the most of it! We had already arranged to have a BBQ so after our drinks we walked home and got everything ready. The boys managed to get the BBQ going really well and I was soon surrounded by the smell of the meat cooking. I love nothing more than a good BBQ in the summer, a perfect excuse to make the most of the summer sun, spend time with friends and eat good food.
We were slightly unconvential in our BBQ buying because we bought it last October when it really wasn't very warm anymore, we've since suffered -3 temperatures to eat our bbqed delights so this week felt like a real treat!

Thursday was then spent nursing hangovers and lounging in bed...fine by me! In the afternoon Sam and I decided to be adventurous and get the train to Wimbledon to go to Chipotle- a Mexican burrito restaurant we wanted to try. We showered, dressed and set off, but you see we're not very good at sticking with our original plans! On the way to the train station nerves kicked in about how spicy the burritos would be (I'm a lemon and herb nandos girl!) so we decided we would just go to Twickenham and get something to eat there. By this time it was 5:00 and we hadn't eaten anything since breakfast so we were pretty hungry! (Aka I was ready to start eating Sam!) we walked through twickenham, even taking a little detour down to the river, a lovely sight but still no food...then we spied a sign for an all day breakfast, hangover tummy kicking in we decided to pop in. We got our drinks and asked for the menu...to be told the kitchens closed...FANTASTIC we thought!...I love not eating! ...hungover, hungry and getting grumpy we paid and continued our walk...in fact we walked right through Twickenham, back into Whitton and home...with no food...tummys rumbling Sam started cooking as soon as we got through the door, and I got a take away nandos with my housemate...only 3 hours later than expected, but that chicken was bloody good!

Today was an equally lovely day and I was lucky enough to spend it in my room, in front of the computer doing uni work :( The thought of sitting in the garden doing work was so appealing, but instantly ruined when the realisation hit me that we don't have a table or chairs in the garden, and I don't have a laptop...
Summer days wasted- 1
Words written for assignment 2050
Sorry summer, you can't win them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment